Au pair in Italy

Au pair programs and visa information in Italy:

Au pairs from the EU do not need a work permit to enter Italy as an au pair. However an au pair from outside the EU is required to obtain a long stay visa. In order to be granted a long stay visa, an au pair requires the following documentation:

- A certificate of enrolment for the au pair, from any Italian School where the au pair will be attending an Italian language course. The visa will be issued for the length of time of the au pairs enrolment in the language school.

- A return air ticket.

- Travel and medical insurance.

- A statement of support written and signed by the host family that must be stamped by the local police.

- A written agreement between the au pair and the host family which should contain the terms of employment such as duration of stay, salary etc. The agreement must be stamped by the "Ufficio Provinciale del Lavoro" and must be accompanied by a permit issued by the local police.